Chaim Gebber (Artistic Director)
Chaim Gebber had his dance education in Brazil , where between 1990 – 2000 he worked with many professional dance companies and won several awards for his choreographic works. Here are some of them:
– Festival de dança de Joinville
– Le Conseil Internationnale de Danse CID, UNESCO
– Festival de dança de Santos
– Mostra de novos coreógrafos ( BH/MG)
– Festival de dança de Sao Caetano ( RJ)
– Festival de dança Shopping Del Rey ( BH/MG).
In 2001 he moved to Germany to join the dance company at the Stadttheater Hildesheim, where he worked as a solo dancer and guest teacher.
Since then he has been working as a guest dancer and / or dance teacher for several private and public dance companies and institutions around the globe, such as:
– Cie Felix Ruckert
– Cie Toula Limnnaious
– Staatstheater Oldenburg
– Staatstheater Kassel
– Jin Xing Dance Theater ( Shanghai/CH)
– Beijing Dance Theater ( Beijing/CH)
– Architanz ( Tokyo/JP)
– Keymiung University ( Daegu/ South Korea)
– BM Art Space ( Shanghai/CH)
– Marameo Berlin
– Tanzfabrik Berlin
– Staatliche Ballet / Artistik Schule Berlin
– Movimentos / Wolfsburg
In 2014 he founded with other dancers the CHAIM GEBBER/OPEN SCENE .
where he created:
– Body Play / The Green Village / Exploring Visuals / For One´s Sake /
20×20 / Soft Beasts /The Brick of a Man.
His choreographic works have been shown in Germany, Brazil, China, South Korea and Italy.
– In 2005 he started the research to develop his own movement system The Conscious Body.
– Currently he teaches regular classes of the Conscious Body System at Tanzfabrik – Berlin and at the Staatliche Ballet/Artistik Schule – Berlin
Roberta Pupotto (Dancer and Company Manager)
Roberta’s Modern Dance and Classical Ballet training began in 1998 in Rome. In 2006 she began her professional career working with “Revers Dance Company” directed by Luciano Melandri in Rome, Pesaro, and New York.
In 2009 she moved to Madrid where she began a two-season run of “40 el Musical”. She continued enriching her artistic repertoire in Spain with Ballet, Modern, Contemporary, Jazz, Urban Dance, Aerial Dance and Vertical Dance classes and workshops. In 2011 she travelled to New York to enhance her dance studies (Hip Hop, New style, Funk, Modern, Contemporary) at Broadway Dance Center, Steps on Broadway, and Peridance. She worked also as a dancer and choreographer in spots, video clips, conventions, circus, and events.
Since 2008 she has taught Modern Jazz, Funk, and Contemporary dance in different schools and studios in Rome, Madrid, and Berlin.
In 2014 she decided to move to Berlin. From the beginning of 2014 she began learning the “Conscious Body System” and performing in Chaim Gebber’s works: “The Green Village”, “Body Play”, “20×20”, “For One’s Sake”, “Soft Beasts”. Additionally she works as a freelance performer with Abel Navarro Luftdanza in aerial dance performances and as a dance teacher at Tanzstudio Carmen and substitute at Tanzfabrik Berlin.
Since 2014 she is a founding member in “Chaim Gebber-Open Scene”.
Actually she is performing in Berlin and touring around the world with Chaim Gebber-Open Scene and teaching “The Conscious Body System”.